July has been a difficult month. Not only has work been extremely busy, we’ve a number of deaths in the family, which brings with it many family gatherings. As a result, I’ve had no extra development time. With the time I’ve had, I’ve started beter understanding how React and Redux work. The front end can communicate with the back end now, and I’ve settled on Saga for handling the asynchronous components.
Another exciting month! Not as much visible progress, but my brain is definitely smoking. Here’s what happened. The GitHub repositories are up! And there’s actual code there! If you’re a developer and want to see how things are going, take a look. I’m no pro, so I’m open to pull requests. In order to start testing the back ends, I needed to start working on the front end, so that’s where I spent most of my time this month.
Here’s the first monthly progress report. First, let me say how exciting it has been to return to this project. It was always a labour of love, and it has saddened me to be away for so long. It feels great to dive back in. It has also been very challenging (which is part of the fun!) because I am committed to making the highest-performing, most scalable platform that I can.
I have been granted professional development time every month to work on redesigning my pet project Super Duper Games (SDG)! I cannot express how excited I am about this! Having a guaranteed minimum amount of development time means that it is finally going to happen. Here’s the plan: One of the conditions of this development time is monthly reporting. These reports will be delivered publicly via this blog. Design specs and other documentation will be posted to the development wiki.